7 Ways To Accelerate Your Journey To Your OolaLife
Our first book, Oola: Find Balance in an Unbalanced Word, begins with a story about a man deep in despair, alone in the middle of the night outside the cheap motel he was calling home. Broken and humbled, he reached out to the friend who knew the far deeper joy of living the life God designed for him to live – an OolaLife.
That reunion is the reason you’re hearing about Oola today. Something bigger and better grew out of that desperate moment, not only for the OolaGuys but the hundreds of thousands they’ve touched in the years since.
We must admit, it’s humbling still to see where this led, looking back on our recent Oola Dream Tour, remembering the people we met, the dreams we gathered and the sheer joy of those already pursuing the life they dream of and deserve.
How do you get there? We break it all down for you, beginning with the seven key areas of life – fitness, finance, family, field, faith, friends and fun – on our website and in our books, Oola: Find Balance in an Unbalanced World and Oola for Women.
And because, as you’ve probably noticed, we love the number seven, here’s a cheat-sheet of sorts that will accelerate your journey to your OolaLife!
- Put the past behind you. Don’t forget the lessons you’ve learned, but there’s no place along your journey to your OolaLife for guilt and anger, two potent OolaBlockers. You can’t change the past, but you can write a new ending to your story.
- Be painfully honest! It wasn’t easy for the OolaSeeker to admit to the OolaGuru, who was living his OolaLife, how far he had fallen. But by being honest with himself and humbly owning his problems, he opened the door to his beautiful future.
- Act out of love, a powerful OolaAccelerator, beginning with loving yourself. From there, it’s easier to respond in like to those we meet along our journey. Practice a random act of Oola today and experience it for yourself!
- Follow your passion. God has destined you for great things and once you realize that and step out in faith, you’ll find your purpose for being here.
- Focus on the small steps that will lead you to the OolaLife. For most of us, starting a $1,000 emergency fund isn’t as simple as transferring the money to a new account. But selling that piano no one plays, and opening that account with the proceeds can plant the seed.
- Share your Oola, calling on others who have the knowledge you need to proceed and mentoring those who could use your help. Imagine if the OolaSeeker never shared his problems or the OolaGuru, his Oola. We wouldn’t be having this conversation!
- In all things, be grateful. It’s easy to feel grateful about the $1,000 now sitting in that emergency fund, but be grateful too, for the challenges that build us. Make a habit each night of updating your gratitude journal – writing things down is a very Oola way of making things happen – and watch how it grows!